Friday, August 26, 2011

Catching Fire!


The Best Book in the Hunger Games trilogy. (I think most people agree) Just like the first, Catching Fire is amazingly well written, and it made me we want to never stop reading it. The description is wonderful, but the thing that had me hooked the most, was that i felt the emotions of the main characters when I read it. Scratch that, I felt the feelings for ALL of the characters when reading it. That is how well the author wrote it. The author doesn't tell the readers what's happening all thee time, so you have figure it out yourself. That's another reason why it's so good. There's betrayal, pain, ( physical and emotional) shock happiness, and relief in Catching Fire, and that is why it is good!

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book too! I thought it was a great setup for the last book, especially with how you learn about how the rest of the world works.

    What did you think of the third book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The third book was ehhh. It was a little disappointing, but it was still a good book. I was hoping to have more of an ending scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!

    I think you comment regarding how Collins doesn't tell you everything in her descriptions was very perceptive bro. I have been appreciating that in a different book that I'm reading now (called A Civil Action). Just like you describe Collins, the authore of A Civil Action describes the context, a little bit of what's going on, but YOU, as the reader, fill in the blanks to, as you say, "feel the emotions of the character." Next time you talk with Papa, ask him about this. I was just down there visiting Nana and Papa, and Papa was talking about the exact same thing. He said that the best authors SHOW you what is going on, and you interpret. He said that's way better than an author TELLING you everything, because it allows little room for the reader to interpret and "feel" those emotions in a real sense.

    GOOD STUFF!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collins didn't just feel the emotions, she made us understand what's happening in some scenes by ourself.

    ReplyDelete