Monday, December 3, 2012

Life of Pi (The Movie)

No, I have not read the book...yet. I know, I know I need to read it. And now after seeing the movie I understand why. The story takes place in modern day India following the Patel family, mainly focusing on the youngest son, Piscine. As a young boy, Piscine developed a nick-name, "Pissing." At school he got called Pissing so often that even the teachers start calling him it. So he developed his own nick-name, "Pi."
        As a teenager Pi gets an unexpected message from his parents. "We are leaving India." They left on a Japanese boat filled with other passengers and zoo animals. A loud, abrupt, and severe storm hit the ocean and only he a Zebra, an Orangutan, a Hyena and a Bengal Tiger on a life boat survive. How long will he survive with almost nothing?

Here is the trailer:


5 comments:

  1. Yoyo,

    Sounds like a good movie, but perhaps I will read the book first. I like the idea of one dude hanging out with some zoo animals in the middle of the ocean, sounds fun! It reminds me a little of Water for Elephants, which is about a veterinarian who hangs out with a traveling circus for a while. So, what did you think of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was great. It was really powerful and the graphics were great. The actor was phenomenal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has been on my list to read for years..maybe I will finally get around to it in 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am about to go see this- I'll see what I think of it Hobbe

    ReplyDelete