Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ender's Game


Andrew "Ender" Wiggin is a six year old with a wild life ahead of him. The I.F. battle school w3hich trains kids for to fight against the buggers, and alien species that hass attacked them before. The battle school, only picks the smartest kids in the world to come and train. Ender is one of them. They learn everything they would normally learn at a school on Earth, but in addition they learn how to fight in zero-gravity conditions. Each student is assinged an army that they will learn and train with. And that is just the beginning of this story.

Something I like about it is how you really feel the emotions of the characters. You could tell easily that Orson Scott Card loved writing it. All the sentences flowed together perfectly. The other thing I liked is how he had the most intelligent people in the story. Most books I read that have the main characters as kids, make the children have them looking to the adults, for advice. Int this book it's kids, that are making their own decisions.

Somethings I don't like about it, was that in the beginning not a whole lot of action happened. It was more of an emotional part. It did help you know the character more, but I don't think that he needed to have so much of the story be on that. Just like I wrote in the Mockingjay post, Orson Scott Card, made the character not the mos lovable person. He did go through a lot so I understand why Ender was like that.

I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT ONE'S!

2 comments:

  1. Hey man!

    I know what you mean when I book is a little slow at first, but it sounds like it was worth it to push on through! That sounds so cool that the kids in the story make their own decisions. That must be fun to read because most of the time, it's the grown-ups making all the decisions! What is it like with The Hunger Games book? How old are the main characters? Do adults tell the kids what to do?

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the adults control everything that they do, but the kids make their own decisions, while doing those things. The age range of kids, go from 6-16 i think

    ReplyDelete