Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shadows in Flight



It's a new life for Bean and his three children in space. they are in isolation from the rest of the human race. not like any humans would know who they are, anyway. While they have only aged 6 years, the human race has aged 421 years. The only reason they are in space is the hope of the people on Earth to find a cure for Anton's Key. But as so much time passed, nobody on Earth is even working on the matter. Did I mention how brilliant the kids are? The Giant (Bean) is so weak that he spends all doing work from a room, because of his size. His daughter, Bella (nicknamed Carlotta) maintains the ship, Andrew (Ender) works on research for Anton's Key, and Cinncanatus (Sargeant) does...well I don't know what he does. Together they work on the ship and...bond?...I guess.

What I liked:

I liked the personalities of the kids, but I also like seeing Bean as a father figure. From every other book, he is the kid getting his hands dirty, and messing around. But he passed that baton on to his kids.

What I didn't like:

I didn't like how different it was. There was no war strategy, no politics, no nothin'! I understand they aren't on Earth, but those aspects was what I liked most.

No comments:

Post a Comment