Friday, February 24, 2012

Ender's Shadow

WOW! And I thought no book could compare to "Ender's Game"! This meandering storyline made me stay up late at night to read it. "Ender's Shadow" is a companion novel to "Ender's Game". It takes place at the same place and time, but it is in the perspective of Ender's right hand man, Bean. This short boy was named after his size. But it was definately not named after his intelligence. He is probably the second or maybe the smartest kid at Training School, and when he enters Ender's (Dragon) army. With Ender and Bean on the same army they blow up the scoreboards leaving every other army in the dust. Together they take on challenges, but can they save humanity?

What I Liked About It:

Like "Ender's Game" the kids are amazing. They may be 10 but they act and talk like they're a college professor. Also it amazes me how much humanity and the teachers at the school rely on these 7-12 year olds!

What I Didn't Like About It:

I really liked everything about this book but i guess i might be able to think of something...OH YEAH! The only thing I don't like about this book is Graff. He is a very important character in the book but I really don't like him as a character.

1 comment:

  1. Bean is the man! Such a wonderful character!

    He's who I would be if I could be a character from the Ender Universe.

    ReplyDelete