Friday, February 24, 2012

Fablehaven Four: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary



This series never seems to disappoint me. Brandon Mull always knows how to keep me up late at night, wondering what's going to happen next. Without giving too much of the story away, I will tell you what the story line is. Kendra and Seth (brother and sister) return back to Fablehaven. But this time Grandpa and Grandma need them back. So lying to their parents, they escape. But, Kendra gets pricked by an EXTREMELY rare speices, a stingbulb. When one gets pricked by a stingbulb, the astonishing fruit creates an identical clone of the human it pricked. So, after Kendra mistakenlt gets pricked, the clone takes place of Kendra. Not to worry though, the clone only lives for a day or two. But while the look-a-like was living with Seth and everyone, she didn't act like Kendra. You see, the stingbulbs cloning abbilities can only do so much. The appearance of the clone is pin-point accurate, but the way it acts, not so much. The Serenson group eventually figures it out and all ends well...sort of. They have to steal many things, and sneak around places they shouldn't. Overall this book is a great read.

What I like about it:

I absolutely loved the fast pace of the book. Even though it is over 500 pages it go so fast that you can never tell when the climax is. It is the fourth book in the 5 book series so their should be good character developement, and there is. There are only few places in the book where I can predict what the Serenson kids are going to do.

What I didn't like about it:

Like I said earlier, the main characters have great personalities, but the other characters not so much. I found myself really only interested in a few of the other characters in the story. There was always things going in the story but, especially in this book there really wasn't that much action, compared with the other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment