Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Invention of Hugo Cabret


Hugo a 12 year old boy who lives with his father has a big secret. He has a notebook, that has notes and drawings of a strange machine. His father dies in a fire and his uncle takes over responsibility of Hugo. His uncle was a big drinker a goes out one night and never comes back.

What I like about it:

The author is also an illustrator, and about two thirds of the book are drawings. It doesn't take very long to read it, but it's still a great story. I love how the main character is sort of a criminal, but that's just because he lives by himself and he doesn't have any money. It's also really realistic. Not the story but the emotions of the characters. I also liked how the author shows you that you don't have to write amazingly good to publish a book.

What I didn't like about it:

I didn't like how it was long. I think there could have been more pictures and less words. It Mostly less words. It felt a little rushed. Like the author had to write more. That's all I really didn't like.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Bella, also known as Belly, Bell Bell, but NOT Isabella. I love that book, to!!!! I have a blog: picklesnfun.blogspot.com too!!!! Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh. i also have: cupcakesnfun.blogspot.com check it out!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete