Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Theodore Boone







Every time I was spotted reading this book, an adult would ask me, "John Grisham wrote a kids book?!?" And my answer was always the same. "Yes. He did write a kids book. Well actually 3" (so far). Pretty good ones, too.

Theo Boone and April Finnemore had been going to school together for a long time, and were very close friends. And Theo was one of the only friends that April had. Most night s the would talk for hours. Mostly April would tell Theo about how horrible her parents are. That was the case for this night in particular. This time, her dad was on tour with his god-awful band named Plunder, and no one had seen her mom for 3 months. This was a recurring theme and April was used to it. After Theo and her talked, they went to bed. Next thing Theo knows, he is being woken up by his parents, being told that April has been abducted, and they were going to drive to her house.

What I Liked About The Book:

I loved the mix of a fast paced mystery and a normal life of a 13 year old boy. Grisham's writing style also sucked me right into the story. I liked how it was easy and light, yet surprising and fun.

What I Didn't Like About It:

Occasionally there were that didn't seem related to the story-line, but that was a rare thing in the book. Besides that, I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment