Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Calico Joe


Though in the book it changes perspective, the main character of this book, is a young man named Joe Castle. A young phenom to the baseball world. In one point you listen to his experience being the new kid, and what it's like to go through the majors and have everybody looking at you.The other main character is Paul Tracey, son of Warren Tracey an MLB pitcher for The New York Mets. Warren is not a good pitcher, and he is not fun to have around. Especially after he loses.The book has many emotions, including, joy, heartbreak, and relief.

What I Liked About The Book:

I liked how even though Joe Castle is a fictional character, he plays with real stars of that era. Also, I really enjoy Grisham's style of writing. He really draws in as a reader and you never get bored. (I read the book in 2 days)

What I Didn't Like About The Book:

There wasn't anything I didn't like.

2 comments:

  1. John Grisham is one of my favorites! You will like his legal suspense novels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard they are really good but i haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

    ReplyDelete